Geoson Conference 2019
GEOSON ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND GIS DAY CELEBRATION AND HUMAN PLANET WORKSHOP
10th – 15th November 2019
NAF CENTER: Plot 496 Ahmadu Bellow Way, Gwarimpa Expressway Deeper Life Junction (Near Next Cash and Carry), Kado, Abuja [map]
About The 2019 Geoson Conference
2019 CONFERENCE THEME
SMART SPATIAL SOLUTIONS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA
This years’ theme is built around the global focus on the use of Geospatial Technologies most especially the Earth Observation Satellite solutions for the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The fourth industrial revolution is driven by Artificial Intelligence (AI), smart spatial solutions is an integral part of this. Hence, the need to explore and advanced the scientific frontiers on the use of smart spatial solutions for achievement of the SDGs.
2019 CONFERENCE SUB-THEME
- Earth Observation Satellites for Monitoring and Evaluation of Sustainable Environmental Development.
- Role of Geospatial Technology for Smarter Cities.
- Sustainable Minerals Exploration/Exploitation with Geospatial Technology.
- Geospatial Science for Disaster Risk Reduction, Mitigation and Management.
- Geospatial Solutions for Human Security: Transhumance, Crime & Criminality, Terrorism
Our Guest Speakers For 2019
Prof. Joel I. Igbokwe
Professor of Surveying and Geoinformatics
Professor of Surveying and Geoinformatics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria, Department of Surveying and Geoinformatics.
Dr. Engr. Obadiah Simon Nkom
Director General of Nigeria Mining Cadastral Office
Also current President of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS) and more
ANNUAL CONFERENCE PARTNERS
NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
SUPPORT SYSTEM LTD
NASSARAWA GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM
NIGERIA HYDROLOGICAL SERVICES AGENCY
NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION
OFFICE OF THE SURVEYOR GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION